Self-promotion can be essential to career advancement and growth in any industry. Although we all know that pitching yourself is necessary when applying for a job, prepping for a networking event or submitting yourself for an award -many of us tend not to do this. Sitting back, working hard and hoping someone notices you is far more comfortable.
In this episode of the eLABorate Topics podcast, hosts Lona Small, Tywauna Wilson, and Stephanie Whitehead had a great roundtable with helpful discussion tips to pitch yourself in any situation.
Listen to this entire episode to get detailed information on elevating your career.
Also, for more information, check out our previous episodes related to this topic:
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 43: "How to Increase Your Professional Visibility"- Donna Marquess, FACHE, MA, MT(ASCP), SBB, DLMcm (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
- eLABorate Topics | Episode 56: "How to be a Masterful Communicator to Influence at the Highest Level"- Qiana Cressman (directimpactbroadcasting.com)
Be a Supporter!
1. Join our community! Be sure to follow @eLABorateTopics on LinkedIn.
2. Listen on directimpactbroadcsting.com, Lab Vine or your favorite podcast platform
3. Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on your phone, tablet or notebook so you never miss an episode!
4. Be sure to leave a comment, and share with a fellow medical laboratory professionals!
Be a Guest!
If you have a leadership or laboratory message to share and would like to be a guest on the show, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Direct Impact Broadcasting on Social Media.
Please tune in next week to hear another amazing episode of eLABorate Topics!
Creators and Guests
Executive laboratory leader with a warm and friendly demeanor always! Skilled at conflict resolution. Team builder who is acutely attentive to internal and external customer needs. Punctual problem solver and avid multitasker. Track record of being an essential part of the management and laboratory team and instrumental in providing effective solutions that produce immediate impact and contribute to the establishment’s long-term success. Co-host for the internationally streamed laboratory podcast, eLABorate Topics. This weekly podcast shares messages related to laboratory and leadership. In addition to her career in laboratory medicine, Stephanie plays an active role in the local community through her involvement with organizations such as Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., The Junior League of San Antonio and the Girl Scouts of America.
Tywauna Coach Tee Wilson
Leadership Maven , International Trainer, Author, Laboratory Mentor, and Career Success Coach for Professionals Who Are On the Move. Tywauna Wilson is a leading authority on using your strengths to stand out above the crowd. You want to be the best, but you feel like you can’t. Your career is stalled, and you feel like you’re in a rut. It’s time to get unstuck! Mentorship with Coach Tee can be the catalyst that you have been waiting for to ignite your passion, push you past your limits, and inspire you to achieve success!